Join the Kopke Team!
We are always on the lookout for talented and driven individuals to help build the Kopke family. If you have a passion for fruit, please take a moment to reach out and connect!
Sales Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE: Sales Business Development Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Business Development Manager Department: Sales/Business Development
LOCATION: Greater Bakersville Area, CA
Informally known as Kopke, “William H Kopke Jr” is a third -generation family-owned company that was founded in 1937 by its namesake. For over 80 years, Kopke has imported the finest fruits from all over the world for distribution throughout North America. As a leading importer of fresh fruit from around the globe, the company continues to focus on bringing the finest imported products to the United States and Canada. Family values such as integrity, honesty and hard work are the cornerstones on which the company was build and proudly continues to operate.
Overview of Position:
Are you that one employee a Manager and team can rely on? Experience is one thing, but attitude is everything!
We are looking for someone with a strong ability to multi-task with experience in sales, business development and customer service/relations. Must be tactful, calm under pressure, diligent and work well in a team setting. Taking ownership of accounts and having a general responsibility for making spontaneous and important decisions is part of the daily requirements. Dependability & reliability, paired with a strong attention to detail will make you the ideal candidate for this role. Role is demanding and high pressure but equally rewarding and offers an immense opportunity for growth.
- Manage and develop customer/supplier related functions
- Work closely with Sr. Manager to develop existing and new relatiniosghips to help Company expand.
- In partnershiup with Manager, Identify business opportunities that would increase sales revenue
- Prepare spreadsheets related to shipper/supplier programs, customer programs, and vessel arrivals for Season.
- Prepare various inventories/vessel tracking related to special packages and programs.
- Participate in the development and promotion of marketing current and new items
- Monitor and maintain all software and programs related to retail customers.
- Manager the Accounts Receivable function of the sales and follow up as needed
- Perform other general administrative functions to meet the business needs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Be responsive to the unpredictable nature and last minute demands of the produce business.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge of inventory software, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint
- Team effort attitude and willingness to support other departments as needed
Minimum Education & Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college or university
- 2-3 years of related experience/training
This role is not your “dry” 9-5 job. Evening & rotating weekends “on call” via telephone and/or email depending on customer demands or team workload. This individual should be highly dependable & responsive to the needs of the business.We are in the perishable produce business. Timely response is crucial.
William H. Kopke Jr. Inc offers a competitive compensation package and tremendous potential with an evergrowing family business operating for over 80 years.
William H. Kopke Jr. Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or betean status.
JOB TITLE: West Coast QC & Operations Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Planning & QC Manager Department: Quality Control
LOCATION: Long Beach, CA
Overview of Position:
This role is responsible for managing the day to day operatioanal aspects of the business and inspecting inbound/outbound fruit products ensuring compliance with the Company’s standards.
· Responsible for inspecting all incoming fruit on arrival and periodically while in cold storage facilities. Inspect packaging materials as needed.
· Responsible for entering, and updating findings into the internal inspection system.
· Complete inspections and quality control reports that accurately describe the quality/condition of the fruit and report to Management.
· Investigate and resolve quality and condition related issues in a timely manner
· Implement daily/weekly planning and allocation of products to our customers
· Foster and maintain strong relationships with internal employee/managemnt base and external customers.
· Work closely with sales team on product availability
· Coordinate repack as necessary.
· Understand customer specs to asssure delivery
· Partner with transportation Manager on all logistical issues.
· Understand market conditions to ensure correct decisions are being made
· Coordinate USDA inspections.
· Perform routine quality and condition inspections on existing inventory to assist in first-in, first-out or worst-in, first-out / stock rotation.
· Maintain instruments and supplies as needed to meet quality inspection requirements to ensure that company standards are met.
· Judgement and discretion required to make decisions on product regarding the commercial value and acceptability in the marketplace.
· Understand market conditions to ensure decision making reflects the circumstances.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Must be detailed and results oriented.
· Statistical analysis experience is preferred.
· Operates with integrity and is respectful.
· Implementation experience on Food Safety and/or Quality programs is strongly preferred.
· PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Access (preferred).
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (i.e., oral and written).
· Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
· Ability to travel to growing regions domestically and internationally
· Posses or be able to obtain a TWIC card
· Knowledge of USDA grade standards, methods and techniques.
· Felxibility with evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
Experience and Education
· High School Diploma, or equivalent, from an accredited institution.
· 3-4 years prior experience in a similar role
· Experience in the produce industry.
Internal and External Contacts
· Interact with all business units to ensure cohesive processes and functions.
· Interact with outside vendors, inspectors, growers, and companies logically and professionally.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office & cold warehouse environment. Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing 15 lbs. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.